The LeBaron Bunch, kinda like The Brady Bunch only BeTTeR

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. but the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

An old dresser gets botox


So, I haven't been on here for a while because my dear husband tore out the floor from underneath my computer, so I didn't have access to it for a while. Now my computer desk sits on a beautiful, prestine tile floor. Thank you Artie.
I started painting furniture because it was old and it needed a face lift. Plus everything was a hand-me-down and I needed to make it do. Now I like the old looks new thing. I'm okay that everything isn't new all the time as long as it has a good structure and is sturdy. I really liked the lines on this dresser. It was originally white with a lot of crusty old paint on it so it needed some help. I saw a dresser in Kid's Rooms magazine and copied it. I like things a little quirky and I looooove this dresser. It took me a while to finish it but I think it turned out fabulous and I'm proud of myself.
A lot of times I do things that quickly gets undone, like the laundry, the floors, the bathrooms, the kitchen. I know you all know what I'm talking about, so painting is one thing that has a more permanent effect on things. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I run outta things to paint. Maybe come over to one of your homes. {Oh my goodness I'm listening to Walking in a Winter Wonderland. Yay, Christmas is coming.} *BTW, there's a ladybug walking on my desk, weird*

12 comments:

Stephanie Lee said...

Way to go! You have given this ol' girl a new lease on life....better watch out she doesn't start making eyes at that younger man of a side table over yonder. I hear botox can do that to a girl sometimes....make her forget her age. :)

Brett and Tiffany said...

Cutest dresser ever! i love redoing things too! It is fun to see the final product...this one is for sure a keeper!

saskia said...

fantastic dresser... okay, question. How do you get the lines so nice and straight. I have been painting and I am dong different colors and whenever I pull off the tape, it's a mess, not nice and straight like it should be.

Angie said...

Soo Cute! Good job Bob! What a lucky girl to have that dresser.

Cheryl said...

It is Fabulous!
Sounds that you and Artie are both getting projects done.
--and you are right about having fun getting something done that will stay done.

Ms. Fish said...

Hey thanks for popping over to my blog. I think you are funny...like all the things you like/want to do! I loved your list.

And I love, love, super love this dresser. It looks hard to do. And can I be first in line if you need more painting projects?

Malisa said...

Andrea, that dresser looks fantastic! You were always so crafty. Maybe that's where my original inspiration came from. Back in the mobile home park was probably where I learned some of my first lessons in domesticity. If you only knew what I can do now... :)

Back to the dresser, it does look like you did a perfect job of it. I love the hardward; I'm guessing it is original. I'd be interested in seeing the room this dresser gets to go in. My furniture is usually tame and my rooms aren't.

I love to do woodworking and lots of other home stuff. I always tell people it's because what you create lasts forever, unlike cooking, cleaning, etc. How funny you have the same perspective. Hey, maybe I got that from you too!

Love ya!

The Pin-Head Post said...

LOVE IT! Way to be crafty...I'm so proud :) We need to get together...you haven't even seen my new hair!

Brett and Marianne said...

I love the dresser...good job on the facelift!

Emily said...

That turned out great! I just wish that our dressers were real wood so that painting them would actually work. I need to go shopping around at the yard sales (if I can find any this time of year) so I can find something to redo too. Thanks for the inspiration!

Amanda Borden said...

Hiya Andrea,
i found you on Tamara wheelers blog. cute family pic, cute dresser, and pretty bread. good job. your a very talented good lady.

Becky said...

Cute dresser Andrea! You're so creative, you did a good job of it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails