The LeBaron Bunch, kinda like The Brady Bunch only BeTTeR

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. but the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Thursday, February 26, 2009

We're waaaay better than Ringling Brothers, what?

What can I say? It's Tank
My little Sunbeam, in the red.
6 yr old Buster tying Loo's dress.







My dear friend asked me at church, "Are you writing these things down?" Here's me writing it down. Oh my goodness, I know we all ask the question, "Why do we even go to church we're not getting anything outta it anyway?" And, "Isn't it breaking the Sabbath to go or be apart of a circus?" Apparently not, we do it every Sunday.

So of course my morning began with the normal Sunday scramble, we got to church in time to take my 2 and 3 yr old to the potty, my boy Tank is 2 1/2 and just learning and didn't go, but he was big to try. We get back in our seats just in time to start the circus. I decided to write things down on the program and every time my 3 yr old girl Loo Loos saw me write on Tank's back she wanted me to write on her back. It was pretty funny.

First things first. Have you ever arrived at church only to find out your have a hole in your stocking, something unknown on your skirt, sticky stuff on faces and TooTHPaSTe on your daughter's dress? This is just the beginning. Thank goodness for the all-terrain wet wipe, although it couldn't fix the hole in my stocking. Hmm, maybe I shoulda packed some duck tape.

Next up is the juggling act. Tank wants me to hold him and so does Lou, time to hand over the baby to DH and try to balance two kids one on each knee, so far they're happy. Oops, they start to fight, it's time to send one over to grandma. Thank goodness we are in the same ward.

We sit in the very front, I'm a LeBaron now, buck up it's tradition, I guess. So we are setting the standard for the ward or the substandard, or the standard not to be. People that used to sit behind us now sit a couple rows back. Some brave the 2nd row behind us, k the Gifford's do, bless their souls. Maybe it's dry council Sunday and they're into a little more action, I don't know.

The Copy Cat. I love it when it's time to sustain someone into a calling and they say "Any opposed" and my 2 yr old's hand almost always goes up. Hey, he saw us with our hands up, it's his turn.

Walking on Eggshells. During the Sacrament I just pray the kids won't touch all the bread when they're finding the biggest piece. And I hope and pray they don't dump the water from their semi-empty cup into the other cups as they put their cup back into the tray. And please cover you're mouth when you cough and sneeze. aaaak, I'm going insane. No one's ever experienced that I'm sure.

How does he do it? The Incredibly Small Gum Chewer. Somehow 2 yr old, Tank got to church with some mysterious gum. My guess, from the trash, but he is enjoying it soo much and it's keeping him quiet for now. So I was very amazed that after eating the bread and the water from Sacrament he managed not to swallow it, impressive.


I always take baby Dolly and nurse her after Sacrament, Loo came along. So we get to the mother's lounge and I can hear my son Tank over the speaker. I guess that's one advantage to sitting on the front I can still keep tabs on my family. If I can hear it from the mic who can hear it in the chapel? aaaaahh too loud

Last act same as the first. Loo decides she needs to go to the bathroom again, Dolly's now in a nursing coma, asleep and here I am trying to keep her asleep and take care of Lou's business in a very small stall. Not funny.

Oh the joys of motherhood. Why do we take them to church? Why? You get hear the most precious and unforgettable prayers at night. Over time you know you are somehow taming your wild animals and training them to be church-going, proper citizens. Not to mention you're going to have grand kids someday and so the circus goes on, only this time you simply smile because, hey, pay backs.

4 comments:

Malisa said...

That's funny Andrea. That is a lot of kids to manage! Just our 3 are enough work! :)

And yes, I think it's worth it.

Becky said...

lol... Andrea... well, I don't have the issue of trying to manage more than two, and my daughter has never had gum before... but I stress about all the other stuff. So, be secure in the knowledge that you are not alone, and that the rest of the world thinks you're wonderwoman for being able to take care of six while the rest of us struggle with less than that! Love ya, and miss ya much!

Summer said...

I love it! This sounds a little like the ENDSLEY church circus...we get points for trying!

Lorilee said...

You know...I am glad to hear all that goes on with your family at church. Sometimes you think it is only your family who is going through different circus events. I feel for ya.

Related Posts with Thumbnails