The LeBaron Bunch, kinda like The Brady Bunch only BeTTeR

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. but the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cross Training at Martin's Cove


"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."
-Lance Armstrong
         

I just came across that quote, I thought it was fitting and inspiring!  So it has been 2 weeks since we were at Martin's Cove, WOW!!  I can't believe how fast time has passed.  Mr. L and I were asked to be a Ma and Pa for the trek, we have been going to meetings for it since last December.  So needless to say we were very excited about this.  Me especially because this is the first real trip I've had without my kids.  

I am truly grateful for my parents who watched my kids and made it possible for us to go.  It was such a great experience to spend that time with my Sweetheart and go to a place I have only heard about.  Yes, it is a real place, the spirit there will overcome you to tears if you let it.  It was special and when President Hinckley dedicated that land he said it was Hallowed ground.  I didn't know the difference between Hallowed and Sacred, Hallowed ground is where the Savior walked.  It was really unbelievable, the feeling that you can only feel if you're physically there.  It is real!!!

I have literally been dreaming about pushing a handcart, or the kids we were Ma and Pa to, or the stories of the pioneers ever since I got home.  The hardest part was getting to know and love these kids, spending nonstop time with them for 4 days straight, and then not see them.  Makes me sad.  I miss them terribly. 

Okay, it is now after the marathon and here I am still not done writing this.  Ugh, what is wrong with me.  

Things I thought I should include in this post, for those who plan on going on the trek...

Really bring at least 2 long sleeved shirts and 2 long skirts, and 2 long bloomers... YOU GET REALLY DIRTY... the long sleeves and bloomers help keep you a bit cleaner.

Bring good running/walking shoes...if you have good walking, hiking type boots, that's probably a good option, so the sand doesn't seep through the mesh type material that's on the top of running shoes, I kept emptying mine out.  

Bring WET WIPES, they were heavenly at the end of the day, wiped myself from top to toe.

Something I didn't miss was adding the cushion to my bucket, I don't think it's necessary at all, so don't waste your time.

There you have it.  It was a special time, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity.

Here is my cute Trek Family, and I miss them dearly...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails