The LeBaron Bunch, kinda like The Brady Bunch only BeTTeR

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. but the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Holy Calf/ Birth Control is Overratted



You don't see many people with cows anymore, but my husband's family has one. Father LeBaron insisted on having one for all his 8 boys to milk while they were growing up. (that sounds like they had 8 cows, no just one at a time.) They said they weren't raising cows they were raising boys. (dang, I need to get some skills, some typing skills.)

So My husband's family is outta town for the week and this cow is gonna pop, and last night it did. It had a calf, it was really special to see a new creature come to this earth. Our 11, 6 and 5 year olds were there to see it too. Pretty fascinating, not too gross.


The really cool thing is the calf started trying to stand up about 15 minutes after it was born. The cow kept licking it preventing it from doing so though. It finally stood up on it's skinny legs and was walking around trying to find a teet but the mother cow wouldn't let it. Anyway pretty interesting. Now my 11 year wants to see our baby born. His dad says wait until you have your own.

Now for the second part of the title! My husband and I have been married for 13 1/2 years! :) I can't believe it. We really struggled to have our second child, but with the help of a doc we found out I had low progesterone. So never really figuring out the birth control thing we are now pregnant with number six. Unbelieveable (does this have spell check?) so now we really need to come up with some solution as we are ready to have this one complete our family. BTW we have a boy, a girl, boy, girl, boy and now we're having a girl. Why mess with perfection? oh and did I mention I don't know that I can manage anymore. I love them to pieces though.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails