The LeBaron Bunch, kinda like The Brady Bunch only BeTTeR

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. but the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Running...a love/hate relationship

My dear friend that I go running with at 5:45 AM is now going with her husband, (I think). And here I am sittin' like a frog on a lily pad doin' nuthin'. I am soo used to getting my exercise all over with by 6:20 that I don't even think about it during the day, (I am right now obviously) so it doesn't get done. Well, the other day I went by myself and here are a few things I learned:

Don't go right before dinner, you come home beat and you still hafta make it.
Don't spit against the wind, you can guess why. So turn your head and spit, and you'll see a nice end over ender goin' to the side of the road, and not in your face. (yup, girls spit, well this girl does anyways).
You don't hafta hold it in when you're by yourself, yup let-r-loose, no one can hear you. I might as well say it, I'm referring to, if you haven't already guessed it..farting (omh, did I just say the
f-word?)
It was during the day, so whenever someone passed me I tried to look like I was in shape.
You're running and you hope the running pants you chose camoflage your hinney, so it's not one jiggly mass catching up to you. You don't worry about that when it's still dark.
K, even the smallest of them need a sports bra to keep them in place, it's hard to run with your arms being clutched up to your chest, plus it's a bit embarrassing. And in my case it just may make my milk come in.
You're wondering why I run? I don't know..it might hafta do with that I can. I love that I can move. I am sooo grateful that I can move, when I'm pregnant I don't wanna move and I'm soo big all I wanna do is lay down and veg. I never wanna be heavy like when I'm pregnant, so I move.
Oh, that just reminded me, my dad has arthritis reeeally bad and he told me once that he used to dream that he was a little boy again and he would be running, soo sweet and sad. I can run, thank you to our Father in Heaven that I can run.

9 comments:

Erin said...

5:45 in the morning? Ugh! I'm impressed that you did that at all...I feel like such a slacker for just now getting back together with "Gym"...

Ditto the need for running bras...breasts are NOT meant to have a vertical range of motion close to 16-18 inches! And yes, your milk will definitely come in!

Lorilee said...

I need to get running again. I used to run with our dog Huck, and then it got cold and I didn't care anymore. Well, I think I am ready again. I'll have to remember your tips while running. You are a crazy person. Do realize all that you said. You crack me up.

saskia said...

andrea, I now know why we were such friends in school :) most of my friends weren't allowed to say the f-word- even with a running bra the boobs still hurt when I run when I'm nursing!

Tracy Hendricks Owens said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't hold it in while running outside....now at the gym, that's another subject altogether. Yes, running bras are for EVERYONE...especially us nursing moms.

The Pin-Head Post said...

I love you Andrear! You are one hilarious mamma! If I lived a little closer I would ride a scooter by your side while you ran...if only life were perfect (sigh)

Malisa said...

I'm going to run here soon. I can feel it. But I know it won't be early in the morning, so I guess I'll have to use your tips for running in daylight. :)

Ms. Fish said...

this almost makes me want to run....Almost!

Summer said...

Your posts are way too funny! I love reading them. Hey lets go to the park next week....I wish!

Emily said...

I used to go at 5:30 AM with a few different people over the course of time, but slowly they all stopped and I didn't want to go alone in the dark. I'm not a scaredy cat, I just want to be wise. I got a treadmill for Christmas and I'm trying to get myself into the habit of using it (for more than a place to hang things) daily. I love your description of what you think about or do when you're running. So funny! Good luck and keep it up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails