The LeBaron Bunch, kinda like The Brady Bunch only BeTTeR
"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. but the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Everything you wanted to know about me, but were afraid to ask.
With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I feel this almost nagging feeling that I should write some random thoughts on my life and blessings. Oh say about 25 of them. I was tagged to do this a few times on facebook a while back, but didn't do it on there. Maybe I still will. But I really did do it, I just wrote them down in my journal, so here goes...
1. I truly believe I live in a fairytale, (I'd say musical, but I'm not that good of a singer) I know no one is perfect, but I wouldn't change my life if I could. I know a good solid foundation in the gospel of Jesus Christ is a BIG reason my life is so perfect (even if it wasn't perfect it would still be perfect, because it is perfected in our Saviour) Thanks to a mom and dad for raising me strong in the gospel.
2. I love all things hand crafted, knit, crochet, glass work, needle work, clay...love it. I want to know how to do it all.
3. I have 6 kids- 3 boys, and 3 girls- boy, girl, boy, girl, boy, girl. 12, 7 1/2, 6, almost 4, 2 1/2, and 7 mos.
4. I love reading cook bk's, organizing bks, decorating bks, get rich quick bks...because I like to see things done and wish I could do it- it's a good way to dream.
5. I had my 1st and last leading lady role as Elmire in the play Tartuffe on the Dixie College stage my Freshman year.
6. I don't have any sisters so I tend to think all my friends should be my sister- we should act like sisters and share our clothes and ask advice and go to the park...etc.
7. I don't get offended. Well, not too easily. I get offended over foul language, and such.
8. I love decorating (at least in my mind) I have so many ideas going on in my mind that it takes a while before I actually settle on some thing.
9. So since I love decor, anytime I'm at someone's house I automatically (sometimes secretly, sometimes I ask) want to go through their home.
10. I am married to the first and last boy I kissed. I have never regretted it, ever.
11. I cut everybody in my family's hair and my mom's (when she had it) I don't cut my hair. (well, not anymore.) For some reason they think I can cut hair. It took a few oops before I got DH right. Now there is no way I would let another woman get that close to him, cutting hair is a very up close and personal thing.
12. I have never drank any type of alcoholic beverage- never had coffee or tea and never smoked ever.
13. If I haven't seen someone in years I am able to pick up right where we left off as if no time has ever passed. I take friendships very seriously. So let's have a chat.
14. I'd much rather do this than clean my house or do laundry.
15. I looove it when the sun comes up in the morning and shines into my kitchen. But I do welcome the night after a long day too.
16. I always wanna run on a nice sunny afternoon. I don't always do it but I think about it.
17. I floss everyday (and brush, of course) with my DH. He gets me my floss and brush every night.
18. I just about like everything I eat and will probably try anything once- I ate sushi for the 1st time last year- didn't like it. But I found out that I like Bleu Cheese dressing-yum!!
19. I want to go on an overnight backpacking trip w/ my DH. And maybe someday I'll get strong enough to hike the Grand Canyon rim to rim.
20. I made bread for the first time ever last summer- which means grinding the wheat.... and it turned out perfectly, I don't know why I was so afraid to do it. Homemade wheat bread is my favorite kind, and maybe a slice of banana bread or two.
21. Most of the time when I see some decoration or craft or bracelet I think "I can make that when I get home." But do I ever do it? very rarely.
22. When I was 14 I told my mom that I was gonna marry Mr. handsome man LeBaron, and I did.
23. I have been pregnant or nursing for 8 going on 9 years. I haven't been myself for a while. Or is this the new me? We have 5 yrs between our 1st two kids so I am immensly grateful for all these little ones. Our prayers where answered one right after another.
24. I still have my Christmas lights up on my bed from 2 Christmas's ago, it's unanimous they're gonna stay.
25. I am so blessed with children who want to be righteous and a loving husband who has always provided so well for this family. He is such a caring husband and father and is still my Knight in Shining Armour. He is my solace, and my wise friend. He is my counselor and confidante. Not to mention a very handsome man. I am soo thankful to have such a wonderful and tender man who still loves me with all my faults. I have such a blessed life.
There, now I feel very naked, now that I've let it all hang out. I am feeling a bit uneasy. Maybe queasy. I want to know more about you, you do the same thing.
From the moment that I read Ella Enchanted I realized that was me to some degree. But I am so blessed to live this eNCHaNTeD life!!! I live my life for my 6 kids and Superman Husband of 15 years. I love people and believe we can learn a lot from and inspire each other. I'm just tryin to figure out how to do it all. I love to hear new ideas, and new ways of looking at things. Join me as I figure things out and let me know what works for you.