The LeBaron Bunch, kinda like The Brady Bunch only BeTTeR

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. but the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Monday, March 8, 2010

Time to get my butt in gear

"We will remain the same until the pain of remaining the same exceeds the pain of change."

This is my favorite quote of all time. Whoever coined this phrase was a very wise person and understood human nature.  Hey, just a thought maybe this person struggled with some human inadequacies too.

No pain no gain...you don't know what you've got until it's gone...you don't grow until you get out of your comfort zone...age before beauty...heh heh...(I am refering to running with my man ;).       What do all of these quotes have in common?  RUNNING!!

I took a sabbatical from running....lotsa excuses...it's too cold and I don't wanna hafta get all of those layers on...it's too early...I've gotten up dark and early and am not ready to face the dark again...I like my extra hour of sleep...on and on it goes. 

It gets to a point when you start thinking more negative thoughts, you don't like the undisciplined, blobby person you are becoming.  Not to mention your clothes are getting tighter...you're sucking in and it's still not "in" enough, and it's too hard to suck your butt in. 

Glorying in your past successes do not mean a thing...it is what you are doing with your life right now!!!  The only thing about looking to your past successes is that it does give you more drive..."Hey, I've done this before, I can do it again."  But do you want too?   YES!!!  Perserverance and enduring to the end is what matters.  So right now I am ready to make my change, and get my butt and gut in gear...I am ready to commit myself to running at least 3 times a week.  No MoRe eXCuSeS.

There you have it, I am ready to shed my winter coat, and maybe I'll conquer a few other things along the way...maybe I'll have more energy and be a better mom and housekeeper, among other things *wink, wink*

4 comments:

Fun Family Times said...

Good work! You have so much to shed, yeah maybe a light cardigan...ha!ha!

Brett and Tiffany said...

Way to get back to your exercise routine! It always makes you feel better after a good workout!

Tracy Hendricks Owens said...

I think I need to get my butt in gear too....since this is the year I told myself I was going to run the marathon...

Clark Family said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! And run a mile for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails