The LeBaron Bunch, kinda like The Brady Bunch only BeTTeR

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. but the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Trying to find my Chi

ChiRunning®: A Revolutionary Approach to Effortless, Injury-free Running - Book
I don't know exactly what it is, or if I know what it is I don't know how to find mine.  I was recommended a book by my SIL, ChiRunning, written by Danny Dreyer.  It is a very good book, it is fun and interesting to read.  This man knows what he's talking about when it comes to relaxation and running and posture and form and finding your Chi.  He says when you achieve Chi your running will be effortless, you will end a run with more energy than you begin with, and you will run pain-free and injury-free.  Also, your running is not powered, or fueled by your muscles.  It sounds too good to be true, but I really believe what he says, I really think it can be done, if you know how to do it. You can find their website HERE!


I think I know what it is...an energy that everyone has...a life-force or part of your life-force, he says without it you'd be dead, but I know it's not your spirit.  It's the same power that those Kung Fu guys have when they break through all of those 2x4s, it's a core power not strength.  But where is it?


I tried to find my Chi today, I might have found it for a split second, I'm not sure.  And I'm not sure how you can  find Chi when you're trying to keep good form and relax at the same time.  I was stiff in my shoulders, trying to be more straight and not slump over.  I also, was trying to keep my feet forward and mid-foot strike and run with my feet behind me, my hips more forward.....uuuggh, can you see my frustration?


I am running with an injury, I don't even know what it is exactly, it's on the side of my knee like it could be IT Band.  Also in the back of my knee, it starts getting tight with pain, but I walk and it gives me relief.  I need to find this Chi soon, because I am supposed to be running over 10 miles now and I haven't run over 5 and that was over a month and 1/2 ago.  And new shoes and the chiropractor hasn't seemed to help, and I can't keep going back to the Chiro.  I hope soon to say that I've found my Chi, have you found yours?

1 comment:

me said...

I'm going to have to read that book! I might have found my chi once for about a half a minute a few weeks ago. I was in the sixth mile of a six mile run--the longest I had ever run--and I just didn't feel tired--for a really short time--lol. It was pretty cool!

Related Posts with Thumbnails