The LeBaron Bunch, kinda like The Brady Bunch only BeTTeR

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. but the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Life is Like Running a Marathon

I was soo inspired by this awesome video that a lady named Jen Tucker put together about running the Boston Marathon. Very worthy of sharing. Thank you Jen!!!!! Here's the link, well worth your time....

This one is great too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZWx1nMx5oA


......................................................

Attitude Change

I have a new respect for marathon runners. How do they do it over and over again? and Why? I ask that question a lot. I have days I feel uninspired and then I come across some awesome quote or get some awesome video on an e-mail and it gets me goin again.

This is hard....I am trying to keep a positive attitude. Just 2 more long runs before the reeeeally long run. We have 18 this weekend and 20 next weekend then 9 then 8 then 26.2...

I am always amazed at the neverending support of my family. I couldn't do this without my darling husband and a rocking running partner. I don't know how people do this alone. It definitely tests your mind, your head and your brain, and your body. It's days like this, after only 8 miles, and I'm beat and sore, and can't move very well, that I get discouraged. Maybe I should eat, that would help.

......................................................

My Cravings

-Mother's frosted Circus Animal cookies,

-Meadow Gold Ice Cream Sandwiches,
-Red Vines,
-Pita Sandwiches with turkey, sprouts, cucumber, tomato, and pesto,
-Spinach Salad,
-Sunday Dinners at my parents or in-laws, or pretty much anytime I don't hafta cook,
-Chuck-a-Rama,
-Homemade, freshly ground, wheat bread,
-Homemade granola,
-Sam's Choice Black bean and corn salsa (found at Wal-Mart),
-Chi Chi's Mango and peach salsa with Santitas yellow corn chips,
-Fresh peaches, apricots, tomatoes, apples,
-Pepperjack cheese with wheat thins,
-Good Conversation...deep, thought provoking,
-Sleeping in and snuggling,
-An inspiring movie

2 comments:

renhallows said...

you inspire me! you rock blondie!
Keep kicking butt! I hope to come to Utah for the marathon. My bro is running as well. good luck, you'll do GREAT!

Fun Family Times said...

I would love it if you would post your menu on your regular, or a recipe blog. It only took me a couple of minutes to create mine since it is tied in with my other blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails